Grant Aid for Adapting Your Home

If you have a disability you may be eligible for a grant to adapt your home.  There are different schemes available with different levels of funding available. Grants are means tested and the amount of assistance available is dependent on individual circumstances. Further information is available from Citizens Information.

To apply for a grant, simply follow these steps:

Step 1: Check that you qualify for this scheme

Normally you would qualify for this scheme if you live in

  • A home that you own.
  • A house that you are buying from your local council under the Tenant Purchase Scheme.
  • A private rented house, flat or apartment.
  • A home that is provided to you under a voluntary housing Capital Assistance and Rental Subsidy scheme.
  • A home in a communal residence.

Step 2: Complete the application form

Each Local Authority handles applications in a slightly different manner. This means there are different application forms for each Local Authority. A list of Local Authorities is available here.

You can obtain a copy of the application form by either downloading  it from your Local Authorities website or by requesting it over the phone.

Contact us if you have any questions or would like us to send you out a form by post –  045 254200.


Step 3: Return the application form to your local authority.